Monday, July 11, 2011

Raspberry Sorbet




Last weekend, even though strawberry season was over, we went to Andrew's Scenic Acres hoping there would be some left. I was really dissapointed to see that there were only like 3 strawberries left, until I saw a girl leaving with a big basket of raspberries. I knew then, that the cause was not lost and that I could get some berries after all. It was the perfect day for raspberry picking, it was cloudy but nicely warm and humid, just the perfect day of summer!...





So, we started picking and picking and picking when my Chaparrito turned to me and asked.. What are you planning to do with all these raspberries? ... Mmmmmm Raspberry Sorbet!! I could see his face ligthened up and enthusiastically continued to pick up more of those little red jewels!.. Not only we filled up our baskets, but we also filled our tummies too.

Once home, I started to get things going... Ohh yes! I was dying to try my delicious "hand picked by me" raspberries plus I was also melting on this 39 degrees day. And so, I started making Sorbet!..



Raspberry Sorbet

200 g of sugar
180 ml water
750 ml red wine
400 g raspberries

Bring to a boil the sugar, water and wine in order to burn the alcohol from the wine. Let boil for over a min, then remove from the heat, add the raspberries and cover. Let it sit for 1 hour, strain the mixture to get rid of all the little seeds and refrigerate until completely chilled.

Freeze in an ice cream maker as instructed by the manufacturer and ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Maruja se te quiere!!!! :D
    Nat

    ReplyDelete